Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sharing your Gifts

"Little Drummer Boy"

"Come they told me, parum pum pum pum,
A new born King to see, parum pa pum pum,
Our finest gifts we bring, parum pa pum pum,
To lay before the King, pa rum pa pum pum.
Rum pa pum pum, rum pa pum pum,
When we come.

Little baby, parum pa pum pum,
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pa pum pum,
I have no gifts to bring, pa rum pa pum pum,
That's fit to give the King, parum pa pum pum,
Rum pa pum pum, rum pa pum pum.
Shall I play for you, parum pa pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, parum pa pum pum,
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pa pum pum,
I played my best for Him, pa rum pa pum pum,
Rum pa pum pum, rum pa pum pum,
Me and my drum."


During this past Thanksgiving week, I have thought alot about those two words. Thanks and Giving. I am so thankful for what God has given me. Everyone has something special from God, be it sports, accounting, parenting, smiling, teaching...These special talents are gifts and gifts are meant for giving. Sharing your God given talents, big or small, pleases Him.
This song fills my heart with joy. It makes me want to get out there and swim and bike and run my best for Him.
Hope to see you out there:)

No comments: